Welcome to KJV Forum! Please sign-up today! It's free and easy! Click here to join!

The Rapture

Itiswrittenkjv1611
Site Admin

The Rapture

Postby Itiswrittenkjv1611 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 pm

The rapture is a false futurist teaching that teaches sometime in the future Jesus will appear physically in the clouds and call up His church to be where He is, so that living believers will not taste of death of their physical bodies. There is even debate among those futurists who teach this false doctrine of when it will occur.

The Bible never teachers a "rapture" in the way in which futurists insist. Instead, it teaches the resurrection, that when believers die physically they will be raised spiritually to be with Christ forever. There are a few passages that false rapture teachers will use and twist for their defense. These passages will be correctly explained below:

PROOF TEXTS

1Th 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

"them which are asleep" - those who are dead

"if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him" - will be raised liked Jesus (at death) from the grave to Heaven

People get caught up on the phrase "bring with him". They take it to mean that the dead saints will come with the Lord at the rapture or the second coming. They fail to take in the entire context of the verse.

"if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will..."

God bring/raise

Eph_6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Heb_13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

1Co 15:16-18 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. (see 1 Cor 15:12-23)

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

"we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord" - we who 'remain alive' (hendiadys) contrasted who those who are asleep. unto the coming - when we meet the Lord

"shall not prevent them which are asleep" - shall not anticipate; go before (see Psalm 88:13)

"the dead in Christ shall rise first: (the saints who are already dead are already resurrected) Then we which are alive and remain (in Christ) shall be caught up together with them in the clouds (when we die), to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

The comfort is being in Heaven with deceased brothers and sisters and being with Christ. This promise is only for those who are grounded and rooted in Christ.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

meant to be understood "We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed"

See these examples in which similar language is used:

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

meant to be understood "not all things are expedient"

If it were understood as "all things are not expedient" then that would mean nothing is expedient. Therefore it would be a false statement.

Christians never really "die" only their physical body dies.

Joh 11:25,26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Luk_20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Why is this a mystery?

Because it is a mystery unto men. Men cannot fully explain or understand the resurrection.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

"at the last trump" - the last breath

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Joh_17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

2Th_3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Jud_1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Return to “Futurism”