Welcome to KJV Forum! Please sign-up today! It's free and easy! Click here to join!

Judgment Seat Of Christ (Saints Only)

Itiswrittenkjv1611
Site Admin

Judgment Seat Of Christ (Saints Only)

Postby Itiswrittenkjv1611 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Many teach that the Judgment Seat of Christ is a special event that takes place in Heaven (usually after "the rapture") in which saints will be judged on their level of faithfulness to Christ and receive or suffer loss of rewards or crowns.

This page is focused on the event itself and not what is supposed to take place, refuting the idea of multiple judgments and a special judgment for saints only.

For a refutation on what is supposed to take place at this event click here: Loss of Rewards in Heaven

PROOF TEXTS

Rom_14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Those who teach a special judgment for saints only will claim that the "we" is exclusive to believers.

2Co_5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Again they will point out "we", claiming exclusiveness to the saints and as further proof may claim "the things done in his body" means things done within the body of Christ.

The truth is that the "we" in these verses are inclusive to all mankind. "We" as human beings will all be judged. "That every one (every individual) may receive the things done in his body (their own individual selves)"

REFUTED FROM SCRIPTURE

The Bible has much to say about the final judgment.

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

However, the Bible never speaks of a special judgment, specifically for the saints, resulting in reward or loss of reward according to their faithfulness.

The judgment is for all men, individually, at the moment their body dies. They will either be confessed before the Father as faithful or denied before the Father and condemned; cast into hell fire.

Mat 10:32,33 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Return to “Futurism”