Welcome to KJV Forum! Please sign-up today! It's free and easy! Click here to join!

John 3:16

Itiswrittenkjv1611
Site Admin

John 3:16

Postby Itiswrittenkjv1611 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:27 am

John 3:16 is a Calvinist's worst nightmare.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Calvinists teach Limited Atonement which means that Jesus only died for the sins of "the elect". To be consistent with their theology, Calvinists must interpret John 3:16 to mean "the elect" when it says that God so loved "the world", because according to their theology God did not give his only begotten Son for the world but for the elect.

Calvinists also teach, because it is God who saves without any free will choice of man, that saving faith or "believing in Christ" is a result of salvation only and not a contingency for salvation. Therefore, they must read John 3:16 to mean when it says "whosoever believeth in Him" that belief is not a contingency.

World

The world knew not Christ

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

The world hates Christ

Joh 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

The world’s works are evil

Joh 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Unsaved Jews were of this world

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Satan is the prince of this world

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Joh 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Christ’s own are distinguished from the world

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

The world cannot receive the Holy Spirit

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The world hates the disciples

Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Return to “Calvinism”