Welcome to KJV Forum! Please sign-up today! It's free and easy! Click here to join!

Aseity

Deu_6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Itiswrittenkjv1611
Site Admin

Aseity

Postby Itiswrittenkjv1611 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:22 am

The aseity of God means "God is so independent that he does not need us."

The quality or state of being self-derived or self-originated; specifically : the absolute self-sufficiency, independence, and autonomy of God (right or condition of self-government, freedom from external control or influence; independence.)

God is an uncaused being.

(self-existence in eternity)
Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Only God has life in Himself. Only God is of Himself. God was solitary but not lonely. Self-satisfied.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

(self-existence in history)
Act 17:24,25 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Dwelleth not in temples made with hands..

What about the tabernacle and the temple? Did God live there?

God's presence was symbolized there but it did not mean that He was confined there.
God doesn't need a house. He is not limited or localized to any group or people or location.

Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed any thing..

The idea is that God does not rely on sacrifices as the pagans gave offerings and fed their false gods.

Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

PROOF TEXTS

Dan 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Return to “God”