Welcome to KJV Forum! Please sign-up today! It's free and easy! Click here to join!

The Work Of Angels

Psa_104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
Itiswrittenkjv1611
Site Admin

The Work Of Angels

Postby Itiswrittenkjv1611 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:58 am

HEAVENLY MINISTRY

Priestly service and worship

Isa.6

Rev 5:11,12 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev 8:3,4 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

EARTHLY MINISTRY

Guard the nation of Israel

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Eze 9:1 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

Dan 11:1 Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him.

Ministering servants to the saints

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Some specific examples:

To Abraham (Gen.19)

to Gideon (Judg.6)

to Mary (Luke 1)

to the shepherds (Luke 2)

to Peter (Acts 12)

to Paul (Acts 27)

They Guide the Believer

Believer to sinner

Act 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

The angel guides but The Spirit intstructs

Act 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

Sinner to believer

Act 10:3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

Angels are interested in conversions

Luk 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

They Cheer and Strengthen God's People

1Ki 19:5-8 And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat. And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again. And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Luk 22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Acts 27:4-35

Act 5:19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,

They Defend, Protect, and Deliver God's Servants

Dan 6:22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

Act 5:19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,

2Ki 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

Gen 19:11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

Act 12:8-11 And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him. And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.

Act 27:23,24 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.

They Are Eyewitnesses of the Church and the Believer

1Ti 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

1Co 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

1Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

They Guard the Elect Dead

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Just as they guarded Christ's tomb, and as Michael guarded Moses' tomb

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

They Accompany Christ at His Second Coming

Separating the righteous from the wicked

Mat 25:31,32 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

2Th 1:7,8 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Executing God's wrath upon the wicked

Mat 13:39-42 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Also see the book of Revelation

Return to “Angels and Demons”