Welcome to KJV Forum! Please sign-up today! It's free and easy! Click here to join!

Doctrinal Statement

Itiswrittenkjv1611
Site Admin

Doctrinal Statement

Postby Itiswrittenkjv1611 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Trinity

One God

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Three distinct persons

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

God (The Father)

Omnipotence:
(All-powerful)

Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Omnipresence:
(Everywhere)

Pro 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Omniscience:
(All-knowing, knows the future)

Psa 139:4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Immutablility:
(Unchanging)

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Eternality:
(Everlasting)

Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Jesus Christ

Second Person of The Trinity

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Fully God

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Fully Man

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Holy Spirit

Third person of The Trinity

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

The Holy Spirit is God

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Person not a force

Act 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

Old Testament saints regenerated, permanently indwelt and sealed by

Regenerated:

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Indwelt/Sealed:

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Old Testament saints did receive God's word and they did please Him so therefore they must have been indwelt permanently/sealed by His Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit coming and going in the Old Testament is for Empowerment, not Indwelling.

The significance of Pentecost was the beginning of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Act_11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Salvation

Salvation is offered to all men

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Salvation is for “whosoever will”

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Implementation: God's Grace

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Basis: Death of Christ

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Christ was a substitute for us in that He took our place and suffered our punishment. It was also a legal act whereby Christ fulfilled the law and lawfully paid the penalty of sin. This is called the vicarious atonement of Christ.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Requirement: Faith

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ultimate Object of Faith: God

The ultimate object of faith in any and every age is God Himself.

Rom_4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Even today when we ask men to believe in Jesus Christ as their personal savior, we are asking for an ultimate commitment to God. He is the one who has revealed that salvation is available through faith in Christ. Moreover, a rejection of Christ constitutes a refusal to believe God’s word about Christ; it is a rejection of God Himself.

Mat 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

No one was ever saved by their own works nor ever can be.

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Good works are the evidence of salvation

Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

A true saved Christian will bring forth fruit

Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Repentance

Saving faith is a faith that includes repentance.

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Repentance for salvation means to turn from sin.

Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Faith without repentance is merely a mental assent.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Eternal Security

Joh_10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Joh_6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Sin

All men born sinful

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Hell

Place of eternal torment

(Isaiah 66:24 KJV) And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Creation

Created in six literal days

Exo_20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Bible teaches a young earth. (aprox. 6,000 years old)

The King James Bible

The inspired, inerrant and preserved word of God

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The Church

The Church is The Body of Christ. It is those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus.

1Co_1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

The church is not a building or an organization. "The church" that is commonly thought of and taught today has nothing to do with the church of Jesus.

Return to “General”